Losing Hope- Colleen Hoover

 Summary: This is the second book in the Hopeless series, and we finally learn the truth about Dean Holder. His life has been overshadowed by a lot of guilt, and he is haunted by the little girl he couldn't save from danger. He has continued to look for her, hoping that once he finds her it will bring him the peace he needs to move on. Holder couldn't even imagine the pain he would feel as he reconnects with her for the first time. He explains the events of Sky's childhood that affected him and his family. He can only love himself when he starts to love Sky. 


Given this was the second book in the Hopeless series and I really liked the first one, I had a lot higher hopes for this one but it kind of disappointed me. Although it was still very good I think it was missing some parts. I feel like there was a lot of overlapping from Hopeless so I pretty much knew what was happening majority of the book. This book was just from Holder's perspective so I feel as if it wasn't really that necessary. 

Comments

  1. I have not read the first book yet, but it is good to know a little bit about the second book before reading the first. Based on what I learned about the second book, I am excited to read the first, but I am not sure if the second would be worth reading. I feel like if I read the first I would want to read the second, so it's a bit tricky for me to decide if I would read or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Riley!

    That's so unfortunate that this one was kind of disappointing. I agree with Kailyn that if I read the first book in a series, I almost always feel obligated to read the next books too. If the second book isn't very good I probably will stay away from the first so I don't get myself into a predicament of feeling like I need to read the next one if I don't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 9- Colleen Hoover

It Starts With Us- Colleen Hoover

Hopeless- Colleen Hoover