It Starts With Us- Colleen Hoover

 Summary: It Starts With Us is the second book that goes along with It Ends With Us. In this book Lily and Ryle start to learn how to coparent now that they are divorced. Lily runs into her first love, Atlas again and they go on a date. Atlas is the one man Ryle does not want Lily to be with. Lily has to learn how to navigate around her ex husband and learn to do whatever she wants. Atlas and Lily really hit it off, and Atlas tells her that she changed his life and taught him what love was. Ryle is so mad at that fact that Atlas and Lily are together, Lily has to hide from him. Atlas and Lily are able to move on having to deal with Ryle and get to live their happily ever after. 


I think this book had a lot more twists then It Ends With Us. It took a lot of bravery for Lily to be able to stand up to Ryle and be able to continue to a relationship with Atlas despite having to deal with an abusive Ryle. I think this book teaches that you have to do what makes you truly happy no matter how hard it can be. Although I really liked It Ends With Us, I personally liked this one better as it showed a lot of hardships and perseverance. It could be kind of a difficult book to read as it also talks about abuse, but I would definitely recommend reading it. 

Comments

  1. I've heard a lot about Colleen Hoover but I have never read any of her books. Her books sound pretty interesting and seem to tackle real world problems or relasionships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read It Ends With Us but was hesitant to read It Starts With Us because I've heard it wasn't as good as the first book, which I loved. But after reading your review I'm going to have to give this book a read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a very interesting book to read so I'll take it into consideration when I start my journey of reading more books. thanks for the recommendation! Hopefully I'll come back after reading and leave a review :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 9- Colleen Hoover

Hopeless- Colleen Hoover